The effects and benefits of Baby Massage are instant, but will last a lifetime….
Baby Massage has been practiced for centuries, it is an ancient art that has been passed down throughout generations.
Touch is the first sense to develop in the womb and it is proven that babies respond and are receptive to positive touch.
Some of the benefits for you and your baby include.
- Helps baby to feel securely attached
- Helps baby to feel more loved, respected and valued.
- Increases levels of relaxation and promotes longer sleep.
- Reduces crying and emotional distress.
- Stimulates the systems of the body, immune, nervous, circulatory and digestive systems.
- Normalises muscle tone.
- Provides relief from gas or colic pain, constipation and eases teething discomfort
- Develops body awareness and coordination.
- Developing language through rhymes and repetition.
- Feeling closer to your baby, further enhancing that special bond.
- Provides an enjoyable opportunity for you to spend one-to-one time with your baby.
- Gain a deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying and body language.
- Feel the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage.
- Increases your confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Reduces stress level for you and also baby, releasing the hormone oxytocin.
- Decreases the incidence of post natal depression.
Learn a lifelong parenting skill.
- Also meet other parents and compare your experiences over a cuppa!
Next Baby Massage course starts Tuesday 30th April 2019 11am-12.30pm, The Pilates Hub, 51 Village Court, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14.
Cost for 5 week course is €130 – this includes massage oil, all handouts, personalised Baby Massage booklet and tea/coffee after class.
For More Information or to book a place on a course call Melissa @0874570447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Baby = Happy Mummy